Create SDL Trados 2014 AutoSuggest dictionary
AutoSuggest editing is an optional feature which can be used to speed up manual translation. AutoSuggest monitors what you are typing and, after you have typed the first few characters of a word, presents you with a list of suggested words and phrases in the target language that start with the same characters. If one of the words or phrases matches what you were about to type, you can automatically complete the word or phrase by selecting it from the list. As you continue to type the list of suggested words is continuously updated.
To create a new Trados 2014 AutoSuggest take the following steps:
1) Click File > Options > Language pairs > choose your pairs like (English -> Arabic) > AutoSuggest dictionaries.
SDL Trados 2014 AutoSuggest dictionaries
2) If you have already AutoSuggest dictionariy you can click in Add button.
3) If you do not have AutoSuggest dictionariy you will click in Generate button and add Trados Translation Menory (TM).
4) In this example we found the number of translation units to process 301000 at this translation memory.
5) Select the AutoSuggest dictionariy Location and click finish.
Remember that translation memories allow matching on a sentence (segment) basis, while AutoSuggest dictionaries are used for matching segment fragments.
Translation Memory (TM)
To create a new Trados 2014 translation memory (TM) database take the following steps:
1. Click the Translation Memories button in the lower-left corner to switch to the Translation Memories view.
2. Note that the Home tab of the ribbon has changed to show TM-related functions. Click the New button, then select New Translation Memory.
3. In the Name text field of the New Translation Memory dialog box enter the name of your TM. It is good practice to use descriptive file names for translation memories, which reflect the language pair, e.g. EN-AR_Training.
4. The Location text field shows the default path in which the TM file will be stored. The TM file will have the extension SDLTM. As you need to select the newly-created TM later for translation, we recommend that you specify a location that you can find easily, e.g. your Desktop/Sample files.
5. To do this click the Browse button, select your preferred path in the Browse For Folder dialog box, and confirm with OK.
6. Make sure that English (United States) is selected in the Source Language dropdown list.
7. From the dropdown list Target Language select Arabic (Egypt).
8. Click the Finish button to create the TM.
9. On the following page a progress bar will indicate when the TM creation is completed. When this is the case, click the Close button.
The TM has now been created, and is displayed in the Navigation pane on the left-hand side. Since the newly-created TM is empty, there are no translation units (TUs) to display. In the following chapter you will learn how you use this TM for translation.
Creating a Trados 2014 translation memory Translation Deals Ltd. Average rating: 4.2, based on 5779 reviews