Translate a single file in SDL Trados Studio 2014 directly.
When you only have one file to translate, you can open the file directly in SDL Trados Studio 2014, the system will create a project for your file automatically. But even though a project is created, there are differences between translating a single file and setting up a project with the project wizard. The project of a single file is limited to this file, new files cannot be added to the project.
Then you choose which translation memory and termbase you want to use.
For translation, your file will be saved into the internal SDL XLIFF format. This file will contain source and target language sentences while you translate.
After translation you save your translated file back to the original file format.
OPENING A FILE
To open the sample document for translation, take the following steps:
Selecting the Document and the Language Pair
1. Switch to the Welcome screen, and then click the Translate Single Document button.
2. Browse to the sample files folder in which the sample document is located, e.g. ..\Sample Files\Sample documents.
3. Select the file sample.doc by double-clicking it.
4. In the Open Document dialog box, make sure that English (United States) is selected as the source language.
5. Select your target language from the Target Language dropdown list, i.e. Arabic (Egypt).